Botox & Juvederm treatments
Dr. DeVore was born and raised in North East, PA. He graduated from Penn State with a B.S. in Biology and then went on to graduate from medical school at LECOM. He is licensed in the state of Pennsylvania in Family Medicine and is certified by American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians. He has been a family practice physician for many years, treating patients at his office at North East Family Practice since 2004. This past summer, Dr DeVore completed training through AMET, for Botox and Dermal Filler treatments. He has joined Bella and is ready to bring aesthetic medicine to North East, PA!
On this page, you will learn:
- What to know about Botox and Juvederm
- Before your Appointment
- After Care
- Botox starts at $11 a unit. The entire upper face: forehead, frown lines, and crows’ feet is an average of 50 units.
- Juvederm treatment will need a consultation.There are several different formulations and packaging sizes of Juvederm. Once doctor evaluates your facial concerns, he will determine which formulation will work best and how much of it you will need. Once the syringe is opened, it cannot be used on subsequent patients. Cost of syringes vary from $400 to $700 depending on the formulation and the size of the syringe.
- Consultation is $100 and will be non-refundable. $50 will go toward the purchase of services completed within 6 weeks of the consultation
What to know about Botox and Juvederm
Cosmetic Botox treats fine lines and wrinkles primarily around the forehead and eyes. Treatment is expected to last 4 to 6 months after which areas will return to their original condition.
Juvederm dermal filler treats deeper lines and folds around the mouth and lips. Treatment is expected to last approximately 12 months after which treated areas will return to their original condition.
Before your appointment
Please arrive 15 minutes to fill out forms.
After Care Botox
- Do not lie down for 4 hours following your treatment
- Avoid any massage or pressure to treatment area/s, as this may alter the placement of the product.
- If you would like to reapply makeup, do so gently over the treatment area/s.
- Do not wear a hat or visor for 4 hours post treatment, if the forehead was treated.
- Refrain from heavy exercise for 24 hours.
- Contract and release the treated muscles every few minutes over the next hour.
- Bruising of the injection site may occur.
After Care Dermal Fillers
- Bruising of the treatment site may occur.
- Temporary, minimal to moderate swelling may be expected
- You may experience some tenderness at the treatment site that can last from a few hours up to a couple of days.
- You may feel “firmness” in your treated area/s for the first few days after treatment. Over time, the area/s will soften and “settle”
- Apply cool compresses to the treated area/s avoiding pressure).
- You may begin wearing makeup once you have adequately cooled/iced the area/s, and any pinpoint bleeding from the injection site/s has subsided.
- DO NOT RUB OR MASSAGE the treated area/s the day of the treatment. When cleansing your face or applying makeup, use gentle, sweeping motions.
- AVOID strenuous exercise or activity for the remainder of the treatment day.
- You may take acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort. Avoid aspirin or ibuprofen products, vitamin E and fish oil, as this may increase your potential bruise.
- AVOID drinking alcohol for a minimum of 12 hours as they may contribute to bruising.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness has subsided. Apply an SPF 30 or higher to treated area/s.
- Wait a minimum of 6 weeks before receiving any laser treatments and 1 week before skincare treatments.